Preparation, where to begin
“I SAW, I WANT, I ORDER, I OWN MY OWN QUILT”
To plan a quilt needs time.
Bring your precious garments, fabrics and ideas to the table.
From here we can create, personalise and custom-make a unique quilt that your family will keep for generations. Your quilt will be a heirloom and it will be treasured for the special memories it holds.
- It is always wise to meet to discuss your requirements and needs.
- Make sure you know how big you want your quilt to be.
- Take time to visit your quilt shop and choose your material and theme wisely and with care.
- I am very willing to assist you with this.
- Make sure your fabric is at least 20 % more than needed: seam allowance, following panels and patterns are all a consideration.
- Backing and batting must be at least 4 inches more on all sides.
- Pure wool and cotton are the best batting even though they are more costly.
- The purpose, durability and how you intend to use the quilt will influence how much you will be prepared to spend.
- Quilts are for keepsakes, so please stick to 100 % cottons where possible.